- 28 years Industry Experience
- Strong background in Strategy Development, Research and Testing
- Experience as a Day Trader, Swing Trader, Futures Trader, Investor, Trading Coach, Financial Representative at Fidelity Investments, Guest Speaker at TopStep Trader (a futures trading company), Article Writer / Blogger, and prolific reader on all subjects related to the stock market.
I am starting a new investment fund to manage money for busy professionals. (Or, if you prefer, you can learn to manage your own money by clicking on the Products & Services tab above.)
The Sniper System — Statistics
I call this strategy The Sniper System because it involves looking for specific, low-risk trades that have excellent odds of making a profit. The strategy follows a very specific Buy Setup that I have researched and gives a definite edge. The Stats for this strategy are —
- Profits Per Account — about 20% Annually
- Size of Winners vs. Losers — Winners are 4 times larger than losers
- Time Period — Hold onto stocks for 2 days — 1 month
- Effectiveness — Works in up, down, or sideways markets by looking for individual stocks with short-term price discrepancies vs. historical valuations
- Percentage of Profitable Trades — 40% Winners, 50% Losers, 10% Break-even (+/– 2%)
- Average Number of Trades — 20-40 Annually
- Average Winner — 10-20% (Sometimes over 25%)**
- Average Loser — 3% (Rarely more than 5%)**
** meaning a profit of 10-20% of the dollar amount in the trade (I’m not putting all the money in the account on any one trade). For example, if I buy $25,000 worth of stock in an account with $100,000 and make a 15% profit on the trade. The profit is $3,750 —–> 15% of $25,000 (not $100,000). The risk is between $750 and $1,250 (3%-5% of $25,000). The potential profit for this trade for the entire account is $3,750 or 3.75% of $100,000. The risk or potential loss of $750-$1,250 is only 0.0075% to 0.0125% of the entire account of $100,000.
Recent Trade Using This Strategy: NVDA, 19% profit in 1 month (May 13 – June 13, 2016). Bought at $40, Sold at $47.75
If you would like to try it on a limited basis, put $20,000 in a margin brokerage account with the broker of your choice. I will manage the money for 3 months. It must be a margin brokerage account. You will need to ask your broker to give me “Limited Trading Authority”. This will not allow me to withdraw any funds. (Any U.S. broker is fine. I like TD Ameritrade and Interactive Brokers the best)
After the Trial Period
After 3 months, you must put in a minimum of $50,000 and maintain that amount in order for me to continue managing your money.
The Management Fee is 1.2% annually of the value of the account. This fee is paid on a quarterly basis (0.03%). The Performance Fee ranges from 16-19% of profits earned during the quarter and depends on the amount invested. The Performance Fee is also paid out quarterly.
- You must be an Accredited Investor (definition: a net worth of at least one million dollars, excluding the value of your primary residence –OR– have income at least $200,000 each year for the last two years (or $300,000 combined income if married) and have the expectation to make the at least that much in the current year).
- You must be a U.S. citizen who spends the majority of each year living in the U.S.
To sign up or ask questions, email me at — Gregg@MarketTimingUniversity.com